Monday, November 30, 2009

Santa, I Want a Home Biz Control Center for Christmas




Thomas Friedman wrote a wonderful book called The World Is Flat. One of what he calls "world flatteners" is the Internet. The Internet allows solopreneurs and home-based business owners to compete with much larger companies as it is very inexpensive (sometimes free) and gives you leverage by putting a lot of things on autopilot.

Even though the tools are inexpensive, when you're using a lot of them the costs can really start to add up. On top of that, you're being billed from different vendors at different times of the month and that is another headache. When you get too spend-happy, you can end up in the red pretty fast.

As an example, here is a list of services that I subscribe to:
  • Autoresponder
  • Voicemail
  • Audio Email
  • Video Email
  • Teleseminars
  • Customer Relationship Manager
This stuff really adds up pretty quickly, and it takes a good amount of time to log into these various programs.

It is even more expensive and tiring when you are managing multiple income streams.

Why can't they all just be in one place at a fair price?

Maybe Santa will hear my request. I've been very well behaved this year.

I'm putting it out there. The law of attraction being what it is, I'm sure that the universe will send me an answer soon enough.

I'll keep you posted.

No comments: